Friday, April 24, 2009

Meaningfully meaningless

For all that was and never will be
For all self immolated dreams
For all those moments of a joy so pure
For all their memories which haunt
For all that could but never would be
A few words are all that are penned

With a string of letters
Meaningful yet meaningless
A one sided conversation i carry on
Unreal desires tempt me to involve you
Unable to discard them,
My scarred remains i look at
and easily hold, emotions at bay,
For new scars want i not..
Words that effortlessly inject, poison into the soul
Better left unprovoked.

The mind questions a tired heart..
What are words to a ear that cannot hear?
What are tears to a heart that cant feel?
A lonesome song escapes my lips
Here i stand,torn between two hopes
One, praying for a solitary note
to reach you someday
But.. Is it pity I want?
Will the pity last
when life throws curved balls?

A stronger hope,wishing you'd come
without knowing i implore
to claim what is yours now
before it is too late
for tomorrow it might cease to be
Or maybe, it will always remain
a valueless valuable

9 comments:

Mathangi Raghuraman said...

Its great! :)

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@mathu: Thanks. :)

BlowHotBlowCold said...

Be patient till the last,
Romans, countrymen, and lovers,
Hear me for my cause and be silent that you may hear,
Believe me for mine honor and have respect for mine honor that you may believe,
censure me in your wisdom,
awake your senses that you may be the better judge

BHARGAVI’S BLOG IS BACK! AND RUNNING!

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@Bhargavi : Welcome back!

me said...

this isnt by any chance abt me is it?

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@ data absolutely. Dedicated to you.

Vibushan Lakshminarayan said...

Hey a very good poem! First time here.. :) nice blog!

me said...

i m honored.
But if isnt totally inappropriate to mention,i m a lil homophobic.:P

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@Vibushan : Thanks! Most people dont get my poetry. :D
@ Data: Nee GRE ezhudinanu scene podatha di