Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things that awaken the violent streak in me

I am a very peace loving person by nature. ( I made peas kurma today and it turned out real well.) But then, there are a few things that awaken the sleeping lioness in me ( For those of you who know tamil, have you seen a movie where Vivek takes a cat out of his coat and claims thats the animal sleeping inside him? This is not like that. :D ) So here i go.

  • When someone says "Oh you do that?" after i say ," I was just thinking"
  • When i am listening to some nice song in my ipod and some moron has wierd songs like susumaari playing on a loud speaker.( A friend of mine told me it is a major hit in madurai. Sigh. No wonder i am no longer there. :D )
  • When i wear a nice new skirt and it starts to rain(I love the rain. But NOT when i am wearing a full length skirt)
  • When i write a really awesome post and i am unable to post it due to technical difficulties (The next time someone wonders why i have never written anything great,i will show this to them)
  • When there is an open drainage right outside my window and nobody is ready to repair it as its election time(or some other equally dumb reason)
  • When i dont get food on time.(If you dint know that i am one major food addict,you really dont know me. :D)
  • When i call someone and i end up waiting for a really long time for their response(Esp my sis. She never picks up her calls. :( )
  • When i am woken up from my sleep.
  • When someone says i dont understand! (I mean just because i state the truth about them being dumb doesnt imply i dont understand their brilliant intellect. I agree they arent brain dead. :D)
  • When i get wierd friend requests in orkut ( I am not anti social. I dont like strangers who act strange.)

9 comments:

BlowHotBlowCold said...

nice observations!

Ranjani said...

and you called me a foodie! grrr.. i know latha only made the peas kurma.. you must have helped her take the peas out of their pods!and full length skirt illena yenna, take the mini skirt maa :P and talking about orkut, i get friend requests from people born in the fifties and sixties...yeuuuu.

Karthick Prabu said...

peace loving person and peas curry - Slapstick. LOL.

When I read 'got the lioness out of me..', I really thought abt the Vivek comedy scene where he says "unakulla irukura adhe mirugam than......". And, in the next line, you had described this!

# When i am listening to some nice song in my ipod and some moron has wierd songs like susumaari playing on a loud speaker.

[KP] Susumari...?

# When i wear a nice new skirt and it starts to rain(I love the rain. But NOT when i am wearing a full length skirt)

[KP] I have a solution that I can propose. But, you wouldn't accept it I believe. Its 'SJ Suryah type' of recommendation ;-)

# When i write a really awesome post and i am unable to post it due to technical difficulties (The next time someone wonders why i have never written anything great,i will show this to them)

[KP] Creative.

# When i dont get food on time.(If you dint know that i am one major food addict,you really dont know me. :D)

[KP] Major foodie? Bingo!!

# When i call someone and i end up waiting for a really long time for their response(Esp my sis. She never picks up her calls. :( )

[KP] lol. Instead you shd have written in 1 line "My sissy never picks my call".

# When someone says i dont understand! (I mean just because i state the truth about them being dumb doesnt imply i dont understand their brilliant intellect. I agree they arent brain dead. :D)

[KP] Yo, sometimes, some ppl just dont understand that they are J.A. Three guesses for you to crack "J.A"

# When i get wierd friend requests in orkut ( I am not anti social. I dont like strangers who act strange.)

[KP] Its weird to read wierd ;-)

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@BlowHotBlowCold : Thanks
@Ranjani: :D Lata leaves really early nowadays. so me in charge of kitchen for lunch and dinner. :D
@Karthick : :P I am not a JA myself. and i CANT STAND S.J SURYA

Ryaraghav said...

Have u completed reading that mitch albom's book?
That book was a shocking discovery of how unsentimental I am.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@Rya : Read 5 people you meet in heaven. :D And yes. You are not as unsentimental as me yet. :D :D

viki said...

one of these things ll surely ezupify the mirugam sleepin inside me... wakin a person up from the sleep s the biggest crime one can ever commin according to me.. it s realllllllllllly irritatin.. (ve cursed my dad several times when he wakes me up in the mornins...)

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@Viki : :) I am much more active now tho. 8 hrs of sleep is enough. :D

Karthick Prabu said...

check out the 'strongly recommended' section in my site.