Tuesday, June 30, 2009
They wandered around directionless. A few lost the way. A few led a herd that followed them loyally. They soon stumbled upon a beautiful land so full of milk and honey.(Remember the chocolate house the wicked witch had?) Everything about it was perfect. All they had to do was stretch out their hand and riches came running to them. They were so completely taken in by it that they dint notice their numbers dwindling. There in the land lived a very hungry monster greedophobia. It lured many into into endless pits where all they did was want more and entrench themselves firmly in the land that grew around them and easily consumed them. Unaware of the mess they had landed themselves in, the others led a royal life, eating the food fed to fatten them up to become good fodder for the land beast,greedophobia (Atleast Hansel knew the witch wanted to eat him up. He was forewarned!)
One fine day, the hidden beast in the land lost its patience.It no longer cared as to who was fit enough to be consumed. Torn apart by a great hunger, it opened its mouth to swallow the whole populace. Ah! Down they went. A few loitering in the border had a narrow escape and rushed back home with whatever spoils they could gather. They stood out in Bharathi's land with their fair skins and different accents, they knew not what to do. There was nowhere to go. For they were stranded, rootless. Its been a few months and the oppressed of a few centuries prefer to remain oppressed and they watch waiting for the carcass of the once fortunate few to feed on. Bharathi is on the look out for another land now.
Long ago, So long ago that I know he wouldnt remember how long ago, Hari jokingly suggested that i should write a post comparing hansel and gretel and recession. I had a nice idea from then, but never got around to writing it as i dint want the idea to backfire and to laugh at myself for the nonsense i might end up churning out. But since I am writing like I am going to run out of words anytime soon (much to the dismay of the poor souls forced to read my blog) I decided i might as well as try this one out. I was talking to Govind about my idea today and he dint laugh at it! He found it nice. So even if it was told in a moment of politeness, i intend to capitalise on it and write this short story.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Why is it so difficult to create trust but so damn easy to break it? How can years of trust be broken by just 2 minutes of conversation? Was the trust flimsy in the first place or the person trusted the wrong one?
Do things happen to tell you that the world is not that beautiful a place as you want it to be but is actually filled with scavengers of all shapes and sizes watching, waiting to have the carcass once the kill is done? That they are not actually watching you to protect you from danger but waiting for the danger to come?
Is it always better to see the bad in the good than the good in the bad? I mean the dark cloud is huge. The silver lining is so tiny!
Is life all about believing and hoping and trusting no matter how many times experience teaches you otherwise? Believing him and that whatever happens, happens for a reason?
Random rantings of a raving lunatic in me. :D
Sunday, June 28, 2009
I could see the main road with the many cars gliding along, each lost in a music of its own. Some in sync with the same station tuned in. Some so completely out of touch with each other that I am sure they could not have stood nearby without disturbing the other. I pity those poor souls who speed by oblivious to the beauty that abounds. I stare again. Lose myself to the power of he who made it all beautiful. I can put myself in the shoes of the early man and understand what awed him so much.
I watch the night sky spellbound. The effect is so hypnotic.It was the same sky in madurai, in pilani, in jaisalmer, in chennai, in bangalore. But oh! What a different me! The sky which saw me grow up (literally). So many memories replay in my head. It is as though she is asking me not to think and to lose myself in the moment. Afterall, i might never get them back again. It is so surreal. Standing there talking aloud, when in reality it is just a whisper. A soft music plays in the background. I lose myself to it. For life is all about living in the present. The future is too far ahead and the past too far away.I hang on to the moment wishing it will never come to pass. Now i realise it never will for it is there all ready to be recalled. All ready just for me to appreciate.Maybe laugh at. I love the sky. I wish I can stand and gaze forever into the black ocean thats so near yet so far away.
A post dedicated to my terrace, the rainbow man, the stars up above and more than anything to life and everything about it.
Sai Baba,Nov 14,1976
Saturday, June 27, 2009
She could feel the world spin around her that day. The only thing that ran on her mind when she was looking at him for the last time was what her geography teacher told her in class 6. "The earth rotates on its own axis. " She had refused to believe it then. She was on stable ground. She felt different in a roller coaster. But now, it was almost like she was on top of a roller coaster when she suddenly realised the safety belt was open and she plunged headlong into the land below.
They had started out just like anyone else. Believing in a magic which only the two of them shared. Special souls thrown together in a special bond which none could experience let alone understand the same way millions before and after them would believe. Ah! To be blindly in love! To be blinded by love! They had created a universe just for the two of them and coexisted so happily blissfully unaware of everything else. Until that day. No. She would not say it all shattered only that day. Much as she preserved his memories, she also knew that the magic had begun to die down slowly. She did not pretend anymore. Few months of thinking in the middle of nowhere helped her. The mist shrouded her all the more. She could see little rays of sunshine seeping in through the clouds that clothed her.
The red cloak he had once lovingly draped around her lay vying for her attention in a corner of a dark room. That had been his anniversary gift. The diamond that sparkled so beautifully then was just a grey stone now. Grey was all she could see her. In the very green she had come here to be with, in the place where they had first met .. The blue of the sky, the gold of the sun, the multicoloured birds that flew around. Everything the two of them had seen and enjoyed together.It was all so non existent now. There was only grey in her life. Grey, not even black or white. But the neutral grey that never gave her any hope. But made her feel the despair all the more. Did I construct my life all around just one thing? How did I let it happen? She wondered aloud. No logical answer greeted her. Since his death, she hung on to logic like a shield. There are no emotions she told herself all the time. The grey lady lost in the mists of time.
The cell phone rang, waking her up to reality. It was strange. Where did a cell phone come from? She distinctly remembered leaving it behind. She picked up the call and all she heard was his voice. " I am ready to take the plunge. Arent you?" "Yes." She answered and smiled. The mist cleared and she saw the rainbow greet her. Just a step and she plunged into eternity. Her mind seeing a myriad of colours which no mortal could.
Friday, June 26, 2009
He sat in his usual corner, lost in thought, what ran in his mind, she had no idea. It had to be about the various problems that they plagued him with. "I wonder how he manages all this. Must be really difficult to be someone so important. He has so much to do and so little time to live. Poor thing" She thought to herself as she finished cleaning his room and went to another. She saw the waiter taking out an untouched meal and wondered when and what he ate. All the plates that he ordered went back to the kitchen or to the dustbin.
Working in a hotel had its advantages. She got to see a lot of famous people often and they really tipped her well. She really preferred it to houses where there were too many people and too much of work. The pay was much better here. She was like another part of the background, like the TV or the fridge in the room.
The guy in room 204 had taken it up almost a month ago. He paid the high rent and stayed there cooped up within it not coming out except to buy something once a day. She guessed what it might be. Afterall, she cleared their garbage everyday. A syringe once a week can be attributed to a medicines or the visit of a doctor. But a syringe everyday told a different story,. She was used to the going on of the rich and the unhappy. Sorrow was something all classes could identify and sympathise with, without any introduction.Such a young man too. He had his future in front of him and here he was locking himself up and wasting it away.
Room 257, now that was a different story. A week here with his very beautiful wife and there he was sitting and sulking all the time. Poor thing. She must have a tough time living with an ugly bloke like him. The way he carried himself and screamed at her for everything. Will all the expensive jewelry she wore compensate for that? Mascara can hide black eyes and enough carefully applied make up can mask her scars.The garbage was filled with wet tissues and blood stained wads of cotton.It saddened her to see it. But how did anything she feel matter? It was all a matter of choice and people made such strange choices sometimes. She thought of her dead husband. Sometimes, she wished he was alive.
This week, the toughest room to clean had been 351. There was a family staying there for their vacation. The chocolate stains on the floor were so difficult to remove. The brats seemed to attract and hoard insects of all sorts. The anaemic mother looked like she could very well do with some rest. The father spent all his time transacting deals on the phone. Soft drink cans, Chocolate wrappers, Lays chips packets,Biscuit tins told her the story of their food habits. Her children had never even had a piece of these things which these kids seemed to consume by the dozen all day.There they were whining again wanting more. They were sick in bed today because of a tummy ache and they still wanted more food!She was surprised
Her final room for the day. She always did it last the past week as the owners were asleep all morning. She wondered why they came to such a beautiful place for a vacation. All they did was hang around in the room surrounding themselves with luxuries of all sort, sitting glued to the television watching updates. The girl ate and vomitted everything she did as she wanted to remain thin. There was some fancy name for this disease, the cook had told her. The empty medicine sashets in the garbage bin were disposed off too easily
Her day done, she went to wait in the bus stand for her bus. She saw a packet of lays in the shop nearby. Little Minnie's voice echoed in her head. "Amma, I saw the anna in the poster with a big packet in his hand." She did not ask her for it. But the longing in her voice conveyed enough.Her inability to give them three meals a day told much more than what a few words could and she had very practical children. She went up to the shop and got a packet of the chips. "Let her feel nice atleast for a day" she told herself and walked the three kilometres home to be greeted by a weeping daughter. "Priya is dead amma. They said she had died as she dint have anything to eat." The lays packet lay unnoticed in the room. She hugged her daughter unable to console her.Somehow the image of the children who lay moaning in pain from over eating wouldnt disappear from her eyes. "She will forget her soon enough. Then everything will be fine. Nothing lasts forever. Not even this pain." She told herself. Afterall,a 25 year old widow of an early marriage knows best.In the home of the cleaning woman, there was nothing to clean.They did not have anything to throw away. Their garbage had only the tale of poverty to say.
Harini's personality type:
Creative, resourceful and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues and may be into 'one-up-manship'. They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.
Careers that could fit Harini include:
Entrepreneurs, lawyers, psychologists, photographers, consultants, sales represenatives, actors, engineers, scientists, inventors, marketers, computer programmers, comedians, computer analysts, credit investigators, journalists, psychiatrists, public relations, designers, writers, artists, musicians, politicians.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
- Success is not final,failure is not fatal. Its the courage to continue that counts
- Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth
- Its not about how hard you fall, its all about how soon you get up
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is all about learning to dance in the rain. (Thanks Preethi. :D)
- The one line that is same in every situation, in every phase of life is "There is nothing permanent in the world except the laws of change"
- Be what you want to be. People who mind dont matter and people who matter dont mind
- Dont change your face. Face the change. LOL
- Desperate times call for desperate measures (Aladdin gyan)
- Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. :D
- The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way
- You should dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you dream of, and want to do.
- The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had
- Happiness waits for all those who cry, all those who hurt, all those who have searched, and all those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of all the people who have touched their lives
- When the door of happiness closes, another opens; but, often times, we look so long at the closed door that we don't even see the new one which has been opened for us
- Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it the more it eludes you. If you just let it fly, it comes to you when you least expect it
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
- What do you call refusal to accept defeat and move on? Obstinate stupidity or Persistent brilliance?
- How thin is the line between innocent child like conviction and a mature belief?
- Are you ready to be burnt at stake as there is a remote hope that you might get a convert to your cause? What do i do then? Appreciate your conviction or convey my condolence?
- What is better? Pleasure that exists and makes you get used to it or the pain that numbs you so much that even normalcy makes you euphoric?
- How thin is the line between stupidity and enlightenment? Aren't the two closer than they seem?
- Experience says that the enlightened few were branded stupid by their ignorant counterparts.Experience also says that stupid mules consider themselves enlightened. Which experience should one believe in?
- Are recollected memories better than those that are never forgotten? Or is it the other way round?
- Is it better to know that what you want exists but you cant get it or is it better to be oblivious to its existence and be happy with the mundane musings and the useless babble around?
- Overactive imagination and Vision : Dont these two terms convey the same thing in some circumstances?
- Is silence sometimes a more powerful medium to communicate than words?
Monday, June 22, 2009
- Making your presentation better often increases the bulk and takes a long time to attach and send. Same way, in our attempt to make life better, we increase the weight we carry on our minds. Still, its the end result that counts. But what if the bulk kills?!
- You add a lot of animation for the slide show and later the person you intended it for, doesnt even look at the slide show and all your effort to impress is wasted. Sometimes, we are so busy attempting to make life better that we forget to wonder if doing something would achieve it
- Content counts, but without presentation, its not gonna carry too much weight.
- Well presented things are not always sensible
- When you represent too much, there is information overflow. When you represent too little, the slide is empty and uninteresting. Just the right level of mystery is needed to make your slide sell. But then, sometimes, when you are not around to explain, it is best to ensure the right points are all well put.
- Remember to pause and save(savor the moment). The moment its gone, its never gonna come back
- Life without a meaning is as useless as slides without a sequence that try to represent a story.Take time out to arrange your life.
- Just as you need something to present about, you need something to live for.
- Giving equal importance to work and life is as important as formatting graphs and text in a power point slide. (Consider the life bit as formatting. :D)
- Its not about how long it is, it is more about how good and effective it was.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Yesterday, I had gone on this short trip to Somnathpur temples and to Ranganthittu bird sanctuary. I was stunned by the patience and skill in man in the former and by his symmetry in the latter. I dont know which i found more beautiful. The carefully sculpted temple or the gliding bird. A few pictures. Mom, this post is dedicated to you. Next time you come here, lets go to such places. :D
Friday, June 19, 2009
I was just browsing through the big folder in my computer filled with photographs and i stumbled upon this. The last one happens to be a favorite picture of mine reminding me of one of the most wonderful weeks of my life. I had gone to Nasik to visit my aunt and we heard of a rock museum called Gargoti. My aunt had never been there before. We decided to go there and check it out. It was then that i realised the beauty in mere stones. This sculpture was crafted of a single stone. I am also a huge fan of a temple near madurai where lord narasimha's sculpture is carved off a mountain. But there, the idol is within a temple and though i admire him a lot, i never realised the magnificence. If you ever happen to visit nasik, you should definitely go to this place. All the above pics are of sculptures carved out of a single stone. :)
P.S. For those who dint get the title, it just means, finding art in stones. :D
Thursday, June 18, 2009
- I hate cats and i get the creeps whenever i see one close to me
- I converse with non living things like my laptop and my room when i want to clear my head. I think they listen to me
- I love talking to people. But there is this side of me who loves to listen and er counsel
- I want to be a writer
- I hate onion and tomato when i cook, but i dont mind the gravy in restaurants
- I love movies with happy endings and prefer to watch them even if they are far fetched. But then, i also love to analyse and criticise serious movies at length
- Some people think i am a buffoon
- My play list has kuzhaloothi manamellam and Numb at the sametime
- I dont like long hair (quite evident from my hair style)
- Right now, i think i can live without an MBA
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
- A true friend is one that tells you when your carefully crafted meal is not upto the mark in private and still eats it up to not let you down (Another side effect of my experiments with cooking)
- A true friend also reads your blog without you asking(or with you threatening) and tells you that you should keep writing as practice makes a person perfect.
- If you can tell someone you called up to check if they had swine flu and he/she acts like they believe your silly excuse to hide your sentiments and understands you meant an i miss you, look no further, there is your friend for a life time
- Things anyway change, so dont worry. No mistake you made is so horrible.
- Everybody is self centered. The extent to which they are is what varies. :)
- There is too much of fine print in the wish granting mechanism that he who rules us all has
- Life is like a sine curve. The varying patterns of ups and downs defines it. (A piece of Varun's mind) :D
- I agree that its quality and not quantity that matters. But sometimes quantity helps you to get better quality. (I mean I cant continue writing pathetic posts for too long. I either have to stop or get better. I hope its the latter)
- The music you listen to affects your mood a lot! (Atleast my mood)
- Somethings haunt you for a long time. Its only because of an importance you choose to give them. Not because they are sooooo special. :D
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Full of frenzy, hatred and despair
Unnoticed by the millions below
Swallowing dreams and desires
A black hole
To immolate everything
Cheer,Joy and peace it sucked away
Against the strong winds of fate
she wrestles to move forth
Against the tide of time
she swims all alone
Dreaming and fighting
to hold the lovely image
close to her heart
Excuriating pain tears through her
Undeterred she struggles forth
Reaching stable ground
after an almost endless struggle
In her moment of triumph,
With a head held high
she takes a step forward
full of confidence
only to be sucked down
by a hungry swamp
to never dream again
to never desire
to never, be human
From clouds of gloom
to the sea of despair
only to be destroyed
by the swamp of desire
I took the one less travelled by
And That has made all the difference
Memories of a not so distant past!
P.S For those of you that dint recognise the pics, the first is the village outside the BITS campus, the second my (or rather data's) trusty steed and the final one the BITS clock tower from the village.
- I lose track of day and night
- I want to do nothing else but sit with you all day
- I dream impossible dreams
- I have rediscovered myself
- I am liking the musician in me
- I dont want to go out to meet people as you fill the void. :D
- Sometimes i dont even want to eat out.Staring at you is more than enough
- I dont read books
- I can type without looking at the keyboard
- My telephone bills have reduced drastically
Friday, June 12, 2009
Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens
I've been in love with you
Stronger than any mountain cathedral
Truer than any tree ever grew
Deeper than any forest primeval
I am in love with you
I'll bring fire in the winters
You'll send showers in the springs
We'll fly through the falls and summers
With love on our wings
Through the years as the fire starts to mellow
Burning lines in the book of our lives
Though the binding cracks
and the pages start to yellow
I'll be in love with you
I'm so in love with you
Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens
I've been in love with you
I am in love with you
I am in love with you
I know you aint
just another dream
I know you aint
just another desire
I know, without you,
meaningless life would be
My dear, I also know
life with me -
you never did fathom
Still, i love you
and maybe i always will
hoping you notice
dreading your scorn
praying for a sign
that you are mine
I wish someday
i laugh at this emotion
I call love
I wish someday
we laugh together
Wonder i do
Which one my prayers should address
Wonder i do
which one would come true
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Now that most of you who know me would have guessed this post is anything but romantic, i guess ill cut the crap and get writing about what happened last night. It was raining, and i was at a restaurant hardly half a km from my house.Like most normal mortals would do, i thought the rain would stop in a few minutes. I waited for half an hour hoping the rain would abate. But alas! It had no such intention. When i finally decided to walk back home, the roads were flooded!.I acted like a dainty damsel (I know i am not one. But once in a while i try to be one) and jumped from one stone to another trying not to wet my newly washed jeans. Then, the tiny organ in my head told me i was never going to reach home at this rate and so for a change i decided to listen to it and just jumped headlong into the water. I was literally swept off my feet.(There was no knight in shining armour as far as i could see) So much for wanting to get wet in the rain.I guess i should be careful about what i wish for. Wishes have this strange way of coming true that i often wish i had not wished for it in the first place.
In the main road, there were a lot of vehicles stuck trying to move back or forward. There was so much of water and the current was quite strong that they just couldn't do too much! (At 10.30 in the night, your mind is half dead anyway)
The road leading to my house was flooded and there was water right upt0 my knee (I agree i am not all that tall.Still, it was too much water.) My room mate had called me earlier in the day to tell me that there was some wiring problem and there was no power at home. A part of me was reminded of all the news articles where people are killed by an electric wire in the water (Anniyan effect a colleague told me. But then i dont like that movie too much). So i stop at the steps of a nearby hotel (This is another one. Not the one where i had dinner) and peek to see if there is any dead animal in the water. Appreciating my presence of mind, i pat myself on the back and swim (er ok wade) to my house in the hope of having a well deserved sleep only to find that there is no power and that my noisy neighbor has decided to have a conversation with his room mate (They can be heard right above my window) till 3 in the night!Sigh. I couldn't sleep a wink!
There was no power till 3 today afternoon. (Today here is 11 june, 2009) All my plans of recording my night in the rain were ruined by the same rain that inspired me. Surprisingly, there was no water in the roads when i left for office today (around 2.30) I was seriously delighted as i had no intention of going in wet clothes to work. Thank God for small blessings. :)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
We went to the mast kalandar in 1st block,Koramangala.I have also been to their outlets in the ring road and indra nagar. The latter was horrible and unhygenic when i went. The former was quite decent. The location of this place is ideal. It's on the main road and you have to climb these steps to reach the restaurant. Saturday afternoon at 3 the place was literally empty(I dont think normal people have lunch then) and we ordered a sinful punjabi paneer,a halka phulka and 2 lassis. The lassi was served quite quickly and it tasted good.(But compared to what i got in oye shava in church street, it wasnt all that great) The sinful punjabi paneer came in a matter of few minutes. The platter had 2 naans, 1 cup of paneer, a cup of dal makhani and a raita. The turnips in the plate were sour. But other than that, the paneer tasted brilliant. The dal makhani was also quite good. (I have had better makhanis but this one was upto the mark) The dish was at the right temperature and so i was able to finish it up quickly( I was really hungry after the weekly shopping and walking)
Halka phulka came in once i was almost done with the sinful punjabi panneer and it was a slight anti climax. The brinjal (which happens to be my favorite vegetable) was too oily and that put me off the plate (I am sure my roomie must have been thankful that i left the dish alone) The other side dishes in the plate were quite decent. The dal reminded me of what i got in pilani and the rotis were soft enough.The rice however could have been better. But then you cant have everything in life. :)
The only problem with mast kalandar is they dont have too much of a choice on drinks and for a person like me who likes variety, there wasnt much choice. I ended up having a coke post food. The rates were quite nominal for the quality and the variety they offered.I guess on a scale of 1-10, i would give the place a 6.5. (reminds me of first year c.gs) :D
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
"Meena stop boasting about your Shashank. This is my car and i intend to drive it as fast as i can. Considering the fact that its brand new, i dont want to dent it too!"
"Oh the two of you please stop. You can never quit bickering. This is what i have heard all my life.Two crazy bickering sisters!Humph"
"Oh come on lata, you used to join in too! Now that you have Vikas to fight with, i guess you aren't interested in us anymore"Preethi winked at Meena and they both burst into laughter looking at Lata's flushed face
"He is a nice guy and i really dont mind getting married so early!"
"The youngest getting married first. Grandma will never get over it. Preethi, why is your car so silent! Can you switch on the music? You do have a cd right?" "Yes. I have a brilliant cd with all my favorite songs written in it. Considering the fact our tastes dont match, i thought silence was better. Due to popular demand however, I will play music!"
"Chandni dil mein kyoon ga rahi hai" The male singer crooned."I wonder how you like such songs Preethi,you are the most unromantic person here" cribbed Meena who hated slow romantic songs. "Well, just because i haven't found someone yet doesn't mean i am unromantic. It just means i haven't met the right guy yet and i am in no hurry." Preethi brushed her sister's comment aside and continued singing the song while driving. A part of her wished that Meena hadn't raised the issue that had been in the back of her mind for a really long time. She had enough bank balance, her own house and car and was in line for a promotion in her firm. Her social life also kept her engaged most of the time with a calendar always full of parties and meet ups with friends. Though many claimed hers was the ideal life, one without any commitments and worries,she knew better.There was this huge void in her life, the reason for which she knew but never would accept to anyone. She always convinced herself saying that she valued her independence and freedom and did not want someone for whom she would have to make adjustments,children for whom she would have to put aside her career for a few years. Somehow, in the recent past, all her attempts to convince herself had failed miserably and she was eternally trying to fill that void by buying as many things as possible,each time telling her mother that she couldn't have done it if she had a man in her life. She would have had to accede to his demands.
The car skidded to a halt at the signal. Akhil crossed the road in a hurry. He had been caught in a signal for quite sometime and he really wanted to reach the mall on time. For the fifteenth time that week, he had quarelled with Cynthia. "Is there any use in keeping a count of such instances?I wish she was more mature." He wondered as he ran across the signal. The Blue Hyundai caught his sight. "Why isnt she like the rich, savvy girl in the car? She is such a bundle of nerves always claiming i am not committed. Commitment! How i hate that word!" He spent the rest of his walk wallowing in self pity.
"Preethi,haven't you got over your obsession with blue yet?You made us buy blue clothes when you were young and now you go ahead and get a blue car." Lata asked her sister. "Oh, Somethings don't change with time. I get what i want. Considering the fact that now,i can afford it, i might as well get it." Preethi happily chattered on about her experience with the car salesman elaborating how she had been very particular about this specific shade of blue.
"Why couldnt i be like her? She has the guts to get what she wants and here i am always complying with Vikas's demands. He loves me and i so adore him, but then sometimes he is so trying. I wish i hadnt agreed to an early marriage. I wanted to wait."Lata was lost in thought, her mind recalling the various instances she had had to adjust to his demands. "Look at that girl!" Meena remarked aloud pointing to a thin stick like girl walking with an Ipod in her ear. She wore a fitting top and it looked really good on her. "A few people are blessed with a brilliant figure. We can only stare and wonder when our protruding tummies would disappear." Meena sighed. Cynthia, the object of their attention walked unaware of the many eyes on her. She was used to attention and wished her Akhil would spend more time with her. She had to quarrel with him everytime she wanted to go out." I wish i was as thin as her. I am sick of Shashank calling me a baby elephant." "Well,You are the mother elephant darling. Not a baby elephant" laughed Preethi.
She skillfully parked her car in the parking lot and all three wondering when their dreams would come true, rushed to get tickets for "Confessions of a shopaholic" the same movie Akhil and Cynthia were headed to.
If life were only a shopping mall..
Today, it is exactly one year since i entered the corporate world. I am happy to be a part of it and i am really delighted about being in one of the best places to work. I was in a celebrating mood from last week and i actually created a den for myself to sit and write.(Finally i decided to indulge the interior decorator in me) I think i will be updating the blog more often than before if i stick to my plan of writing for an hour atleast a day. :)
P.S. Aishu, kindly come here soon. I am sorry for not mentioning you in the last post. A post dedicated to my parents for giving me the confidence to be who i am and to move on in life no matter what. Love you loads.
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
and you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but dont you quit.
Life is queer with its twist and turns
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Dont give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint of the clouds of doubt
and you never can tell how close you are,
It maybe near when it seems far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst,
that you must not quit