Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The numb traveller

A dark dreary night. There is nothing to see but the darkness and nothing to do but hope that the numbed senses lead me home. Stay put i cannot for around me are monsters that prey anything still. Move faster i cannot for i am ignorant and blind. I move as fast as I can, praying to my guardian angel, hoping for a respite.

Suddenly, i can feel the cobblestones. They are so similar to the ones in the path i tread as a kid. I see a slight thin ray of light showing up. The distance seems not too far. I wonder how i see the light all of a sudden. Did its existence begin only now? With hope, love and joy i start moving ahead faster.

Then as fast as it came in, i see the light disappear. My legs are numb again and I wonder if this is a dream i can wake up from and happily say, you know what, i had a scary dream. But know I do, that life sometimes is worse than a nightmare for you cannot wake up from it. You can only end it.

3 comments:

Sastry said...

why is the mood so terrible?

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Life is not always a bed of roses. :)

Sachin Dev said...

so why u smiling duffer!