Monday, November 15, 2010

Customer service

I have used this blog as a medium of cribbing about a lot of crappy things that happen to me. Today, for a change, i am going to praise a particular organisation. I have written enough about being sick for the last 2 weeks. I recovered thankfully in time for my engagement. However, i did goof up a lot because of being sick and having a lot of work to finish.

The best part was, i goofed up on my engagement shopping. In the ceremony for the engagement, the bride is supposed to wear two sarees. The first one her parents get for her and the second one that her in-laws to be get. Since i never wear a saree, I had bargained for a salwar and a saree for the ceremony.

What i had not expected was that i would be sick and silly the week before and of the engagement. I went and got a dress two sizes smaller. I had taken it home to show my mom and then we realise it is way too small for me to wear. To top in the dress i had got for diwali, the dye from the dupatta leaked when i got wet in the rain and there were green spots all over my white dress.

I took the smaller dress to shoppers stop with the intention of exchanging it and also mentioned to the representative that the other one had stains all over. Without thinking too much about it, he asked me to get that one as well and gave me a credit note. I was delighted. I am so grateful to shoppers stop and I have decided to continue shopping there as they not only exchanged my clothes but were also really polite and courteous about the whole thing. :)

2 comments:

Sastry said...

I like Shoppers stop a lot personally.. though its not for the cutsomer service. They have some really unique collection. Try central. It is actually out of the world (prices and collection)

fern said...

In my opinion, Good customer service is necessary. I believe that treating the customer so politely makes them so comfortable with your services.

Outsource Call Center