Friday, November 05, 2010

What is 3G life to me

I am just another of those nameless masses, a part of the increasing population of young adults far away from home. While working for an MNC, most of us take westernized breaks.It is mainly during the US holidays that we get a day off. There are only a handful of the innumerable Indian festivals which we can actually celebrate from home. A lot of festivals are spent all alone in an empty apartment or on a late night office call. On such days, I really hope i had Tata Docomo's 3G connection with which i can do a video conference with my family and watch them enjoy the festival in all its glory.

Like any other human being, I need people around me. Unfortunately, with each of us living in different corners of the world, relatives and friends become mere parts of an elaborate address book. Weddings, births, deaths; most of this is just a facebook update. To go along with the passing tide of time, I wish I had a 3G connection that would help me to be present at least virtually, for those that matter, all the time and not wait to go home to login to the net. For we do live in a virtual world. The Tata Docomo 3G launch can make my life simpler and keep me more connected to those that matter.

Apart from just helping me keep in touch with the outside world, the 3G services can help enrich me from within by providing me entertainment in those lonely times when I need something to keep my morale going. Bangalore is a city with a lot of power cuts and there have been many a time when I have had to keep staring at my slow cell phone internet and hope for a faster download and pray for the music or video to stream faster and stop me from thinking. Tata Docomo's 3G services according to me is the answer to the prayers of the many like me. We know that we cannot hope for everything in life to happen immediately. But we know that there are somethings which when they do, give us an instant gratification and in a way makes our lives fulfilled and soon become an important part of it. This 3G launch is definitely going to become something like that.

I am delighted with the new services and wish Tata Docomo all the very best.

5 comments:

sudesh said...

orey! tata docomo evangelising pola! otherwise the post strikes a chord.

Manjunath said...

Entertainment in loneley times thats what most people always cribb for ;) btw promoted your post!

varun said...

are you working for Docomo also?!!
Or is it an entry to some stupid promotional contest?

Harini Padmanabhan said...

@ Sudesh , Varun : This was my entry for a competition in indiblogger. :)
@ Manjunath : Thanks. :)

varun said...

and did it bear any fruit?I noticed the two stupid tags at the bottom of the post after commenting.