Saturday, January 22, 2011

Then we set his hair on fire

I do not usually read non fiction. However, now I am trying to improve the variety of books and read and so i ended up reading this one. I did enjoy the experience. I do not have any idea about the advertising industry. The closest i have come to getting to know the inside stories is from the scenes in Bewitched (the old serial) where Darren works in an advertising agency. So this book improved my non existent knowledge.
Phil talks in detail about multiple advertisements he has worked on. There are a few funny incidents, a few serious ones and a few practical examples which anyone (i guess) can relate to. The best thing about the book is that it offers no short cuts to success nor does it preach nor boast.
I would say it is worth a read provided you have nothing else to do. I read it over a period of three weeks in bits and pieces. Guess it would take me some more time to get used to reading non fiction. 

5 comments:

Sadde said...

ahh!! so finally you've gotten over pratchett! :)

-Gurmeet

Sadde said...

seems like you've gotten over pratchett! or just a break? :)

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I finished all of his discworld novels.So I am trying to find someone else.:)

Varun said...

You seem to be growing up. Eating healthy food, reading non-fiction. I have hope now :P

Raji said...

my dear, some non fiction is unputdownable. Browse more to find such books.