Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Upgraded!

I never travel by train. The fact that the bus stops are closer to both my bangalore and madurai houses and the eternally non available tickets in the bangalore-madurai route contribute equally to my distaste. However, for a change, I was able to get a ticket to go to Madurai and the return was a wait listed ticket in 3rd AC. Two days before the journey the ticket is confirmed and I am delighted. Being a stranger to the world of chart preparation, I check the status two hours before the journey and I have been upgraded to a 2nd AC ticket! Talk about wonders. I was so delighted.
I have to appreciate this scheme in the Indian Railways and it has led me to view the railways in a completely different light altogether. Hail Indian Railways!

1 comment:

Varun said...

Should always listen to wise men when they say the railways are better mode of travel.