Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pranchiyettan and the Saint

I have always had a secret liking for Mamooty. Dont ask me why. I can never explain that too well.

The story is about Francis, fondly known as Prachiyettan and his attempts at getting rid of his name - AriPranchi which has stuck to him from school. The whole movie is more of a conversation between him and St.Francis after whom he is named.

The movie apart from being funny, has some thought provoking moments as well and where i really admire the director is in his intelligence to not make the movie too preachy. I love Khushboo and I was glad to see her on screen in a good role even though she does not have too much of screen time. Most of the minor characters are well etched and though the humor is a little jarring at places, it does not get out of hand.

I guess Priyamani was cast to fulfill the role of a heroine in the movie as they had to have one. Apart from being a little longer than required, this movie is a good watch.

2 comments:

Hari said...

Mamooty = Meesai vecha aambalai. I am pretty sure that's why the secret liking.

Raji said...

Why and when was ur liking ever a secret?