Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ambition

Ambition does strange things to us. Sometimes, we let go of a few things that are valuable because they dont seem important to that part of our life. At other times, we constantly keep trying to evolve, to become a better version of who we are as we want to make things better for us. At a few other times, we fight, we destroy and we just lose sight of a few important parts of life.

Seldom is there the ability to balance sense with ambition. I see my generation of those that have it all, struggling to make simple life choices as they feel they dont have enough. Their ambition to be better than their peers just drives them completely crazy. I have lost sight of a lot of things when my eyes were clouded by ambition, but I realized sooner than later about what I stood to lose. However, the more time i spend out there in the world, the more i come to accept that a lot of us, dont even see what we are doing as we are possessed by a demon, who is also a very very hard task master.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

Not having been ambitious, I sometimes do feel, if I should have been a little more ambitious.
But, yes, I agree that ambition can cloud one's thinking.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I think the key is finding a balance. Which is really not that easy. :)