Monday, August 24, 2015

Puttani Hejje

This weekend I did something we usually would not have done. We attended a classical arts performance in Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. It was a program called Puttani Hejje, meant to give children an opportunity to show case their talents to the world. It had children from Bangalore and a few from Surat participating.

We stayed only for a few programs as we had to drop someone back home before too late.

The enthusiasm of the children to perform classical dance and music was contagious. At this day and age when most of us have all but forgotten the arts in our attempts to be modern, i was thrilled to see children and parents trying to keep the craft alive. Recently, i have started listening to Carnatic music again and watching these programs makes me want to perform on my own too. Some day soon.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

Looking forward to it - your live performance.
PS: Psst, a secret - I want to become a singer, but I'm a genuine certified Cacaphonix.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Cacaphonix? Really? I think you are being hard on yourself. I will definitely post about it here when it happens. :)