Friday, October 16, 2015

Global village

Yesterday, I had an opportunity to travel to Mumbai for work. It was one of my first visits to an Indian customer and I was a little apprehensive. It was a one day trip and I understood different aspects of my personality I did not know about earlier. That is another story I dont want to write about in my blog.

But what I want to talk about is how business travelers are becoming an increasing segment in India. There are folks who fly in to a city in the morning and fly out by noon. While coming back, I was sitting next to a guy, who goes to Mumbai for work but actually lives in Bangalore. I was stunned to hear that to say the least.

Then I got to know about this couple who alternatively live in the US and India. They spend 2 weeks in the US and 2 in India! Some things which are beyond my comprehension came up and I wondered if the world is but a tiny village. Technology has enabled us to function from any where in the world. The idea that being tied to one place is not essential has gotten me thinking about what else could be possible. I got to know of a family whose kids study in the US and one of the parents stay there with them alternatively while the other globe trots.

The funny part was, after the initial surprise, I could actually imagine myself leading such a life. Now I am including a helipad in my farm house plan. I can fly in and out of anywhere. :)

No comments: