Monday, November 30, 2015

Maid mania

I've had the same maid for almost three years. We had a functional relationship and over a period of time, her responsibilities increased. She helped tend the garden, bathe the dogs, cook and so on. However, she had been acting really weird over the last two months.
Perhaps, my not being around when she worked irked her, or maybe she was over worked as she had signed up for a lot more houses. Not wanting to let her go, I reduced her responsibilities and tried to be understanding.
Unfortunately, she misused the trust and came only ten days last month. Her behavior opened my eyes as I was able to manage the house really well despite working full time. So I finally fired her yesterday. It's going to be tough with a lot of hiccups, but I think we'll manage. Here's to another month of self sufficiency.

No comments: