Friday, December 04, 2015

High Flyer

I traveled for work to Mumbai day before. It was a day trip(second time I did that!!!). I dont want to talk about work in my personal blog, but I definitely want to talk about the experience.

Up till 4 years ago, the only time I had gone on a flight was when I left my home to go join college. In my first job, there was never a necessity and exploring Karnataka and Tamil Nadu by road was all that my traveling included.

When we got married, we flew to Sikkim (Bagdogra to be exact and it is not in Sikkim) for our honey moon and after that, all my flights were international. This year however, has been primarily domestic. I have to admit that I love it.

Starting with Cochin, Hyderabad, Goa, Mumbai - we covered 4 different states through flight (5 if i include the return to bangalore). The cheap air fare made it possible. We even left our car at the air port as that made more financial sense than going by cab. It was very smooth.

This time around, I was lucky enough to get a priority pass ( i am not revealing how) and I walked into a lounge by myself and sat down drinking a bottle of water and sipping some watermelon juice. I felt on top of the world. Like, I had somehow arrived. It might not sound logical to most, but that experience was very refreshing. Maybe it is materialistic - this joy of mine..Yet, I really dont care. I am delighted with life and everything about it right now and flying without wings. (literally)

No comments: