Tuesday, December 08, 2015

The "silver" affair

There was a point in time (my amazing college years) when I loved watching movies. I took a course called "Critical Appreciation of Literature and Cinema" ( I am a mechanical engineer, but was lucky to study in probably the best college in the world where they encouraged you to experiment with your electives). Weekends and even week days were spent watching movies of different languages.

Then, when I started working, watching a movie in a theater or in my newly acquired laptop was a weekly affair. 3-4 movies in a week was normal. I had my mornings free and the 100rs ticket in forum was a heaven send. That failing, there also were my crazy friends who had hard disks full of movies from all over the world and my brand new laptop - Life was one long movie then.

Over the course of years, I have actually lost touch with my habit of watching movies. I started watching quite a lot of English tv series. Star World(even the Premier one), Comedy Central and recently Colors Infinity have gotten me off my movie high.

Maybe my attention span has come down. Perhaps, I dont have so much time in one go. Or maybe, I am back to reading books with a vengeance. I cant pinpoint the exact reason. However, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I need to make time - to watch at least one movie a week. Something good and worth the time and effort and review it.

No comments: