Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The voices of the dead

I was in Gol Gumbaz last week. The structure has a central chamber built to echo sound. I felt like the dead were trying to talk to me. I wrote this in my phone that day. Perhaps I'll make this into a short story.. I'm still contemplating.

The dead talk to me.. Every single day. Almost all the time. The first time I heard them, their voices surrounded me. I drowned in it and completely lost myself and my identity. I woke up to a deathly silence. They usually leave me alone - if I'm overwhelmed. They don't want me to become insane. They will lose all lines of communication with the living if it happens.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

The dead talk to me ...

Er... you mean ... really? ... umm ... eh or is it just the start of your story?

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I am hoping it is the start to a story and I was not being delusional.