Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Vacation Time

From when I can remember, December has been vacation time. Except for December 2010 when I was in the notice period in my first job, every December, I have had time off from school or college of work and for 6 of the last 7 years, visited some place of interest. I wanted to relive a few of those vacations and hence I am reminiscing or rather showing off here...

2008, we visited my aunt in Nasik. It was my first vacation with just my mother. It was great fun and we travelled from Bangalore and back by train. I shopped, ate, overate and went all around Nasik and the nearby areas.

2009, we went to Coorg and Chikmagalur. The trip was unforgettable as both families thought something had happened to us as the phones were out of reach. They tried contacting our friends, each other and finally heaved a sigh of relief when we reached solid ground.

2011, we went to Hampi and Pondicherry. Hampi was my first trip with my mom in law and till date I think it played an important role in her understanding me. :)

2012, we went to Srilanka - a land i want to revist for more reasons than one. It was our first vacation abroad as a couple.

2013 - it was Ajantha and Ellora - my mom, sis and mom-in-law joined us and they got to know each other well

2014 - was the year of a legendary road trip - first parts of Tamil nadu and then Mangalore, Udupi and Sringeri with a friend. We aren't in touch any more, but my last few memories of time spent with him are really pleasant.

In a few days, (I am paranoid about some thief reading my travel plan and breaking into my house) I will post about our vacation this year and also thank all gods I know for the life that I am lucky to lead.

No comments: