Monday, January 04, 2016

Happy new year!

I wanted my first post to be about the new year. But I could not find a right topic to write about, so I had to wait for a few days for my first post. Today, I read a very interesting article which told me that rather than wonder about what I want to do, i should contemplate about what pain I am ok taking. I thought I would base my wishes on the basis of something we all try to avoid - pain.

Nothing in life comes free. There is always an opportunity cost and some kind of sacrifice to be made towards anything. If I have to walk my dogs twice a day, I need to wake up early, leave for work early and head back early, so I get time with them. If I want to play badminton/ps3 or any board game, I need to wake up earlier and cook in the morning, so my evening cooking time can be made available for play.

Now, giving up my morning sleep, that to me a few years ago was a big pain. Now, I really dont find it strange that I am up by 630 and aiming for 6. That is a pain, I am ready to endure.

For this new year, I want to wish everyone reading this blog that they are ready to open their arms and embrace pain in its different forms. I hope that you find what pain you want to take, what you don't and are willing to experiment to figure it out.

I hope that somewhere along way, some dreams come true, some disappear and some become more realistic.

Happy new year folks - it is a chance for new beginnings and I am sure it is going to be just amazing. There might not be enough clean slates, but even smudged  backgrounds can create different images. :)

1 comment:

The Visitor said...

This man Manson has time and again hit the mark - bull's eye. I get his perspective - spot on.

An adage in the same vein that reflects the importance of effort and struggles in getting what we want - "There is no substitute for hard work".

Besides it's my view, that when faced with a choice with 2 or more alternatives - the hardest path now usually works out for the best in the long run.

I'll have to think about what pain I'm ready to undertake for something that I want.

Meanwhile wishing you all the best in getting what you want, and for enjoying the pain while at it.

Happy New Year once again.