Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The uphill battle

I am reading an amazing book called my gita by Devdutt Pattnaik. 

One of the lines goes, "The wise can spot action in inaction and inaction in action".

It stuck a chord with me as I've been going through an uphill battle in resisting the temptation to eat chocolate covered raisins. I love raisins and I love chocolates. But both ain't good for me. The combination of the two is a definite no-no. Here I was sitting and munching on it directly and in stealth mode as I was not able to resist it at all.

In my action of eating, there is the inaction of ignoring my health. Today, I managed to stay away till now and in the inaction there is action as far as I'm concerned. Maybe my world view is skewed by how I define action and in that I'll have to be careful.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

Ah - these philosophical people, they twist words to suit their purpose.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Words are there just for that. :)