Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Charity

A colleague of mine, donates 10% of her income each month to charity. I've never done something in that scale till now. But lately, given how I've kind of lost faith in socializing (as when it comes to a mob, it doesn't matter how well they know you. They lynch anyway)

I'm wondering if I should just associate myself with a good charity and focus on spreading positivity through any means I can. I've often thought about why I don't think twice about eating in an expensive place, but I can't even seem to think about giving to those in need. Maybe, I should just stop thinking and start doing.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

I've often thought about why I don't think twice about eating in an expensive place, but I can't even seem to think about giving to those in need. Maybe, I should just stop thinking and start doing.
Maybe Maslow has got something to do with it?

Harini Padmanabhan said...

It is flattering to think that i have reached the top of the pyramid. I think the problem with the hierarchy is, our place in it will keep changing over a period of time. it is not static. Right now, self actualization can work. But if I lose something, will I remain there?