Monday, February 22, 2016

Homage

To Kill a Mockingbird was one of those books I read in college that affected me in more ways than one.

It made me realize how rampant injustice is even in the smallest of things and at that point, it served as a wake up call to me and made me move on. 

I came across this quote in FB and I had to share it in my blog, to pay homage to someone who was there for me with her words when I needed some kind of solace.

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what"

Even today, this quote makes me wake up and look closer at everything around me and reminds me to just keep moving.

No comments: