Tuesday, February 09, 2016

In the light of the day

Thick hands with long nails
Try to catch me

The land beneath my feet transforms
And becomes quick sand

The air is pure poison
And I struggle to take a single breath

A creature stirs from deep within
Threatening to engulf the person I want to be

I almost give up
But hope refuses to let me be.

The first ray of sunlight
breaches the thick stormy clouds

I recover and try to calm down

In the light of the day,

A little blue bird flies all alone
A frolicky puppy jumps around
A herd of cows give me a knowing look
Bees are busy collecting their honey

My monsters hide,
Temporarily vanquished.
Neither storm nor light permanent
Everything, including me just transient.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

Neither storm nor light permanent

Enlightenment! :)

Harini Padmanabhan said...

:) Perhaps..