Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Protect the roots

I read this story somewhere. Not sure where.

In France, there was a vineyard. Once there was a forest fire that was spreading fast. The son of the vineyard owner got buckets of water ready, but even he knew the attempts were futile. His father came out and started cutting the plants and asked his son to do the same. He explained that it was always critical to protect the roots as they will definitely help the plants grow later. This was a business example which spoke about identifying the root of each business. But for me, it was about something else.

Everyone has something that is their core. No matter how much damage they sustain, no matter how many much the flames burn and no matter how difficult it is, we have to protect our roots. Everything else can be gained back sooner or later. I'm wondering what my roots are. Family? Integrity? Hope? I don't know. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

I will go with integrity and definitely hope.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I would like to think so too. :)