Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Indulgence

Let us say there is this tasty morsel right in front of you. It is mouth watering, guilt free indulgence. All you have to do is just ask and it is yours. You are hungry, you have not eaten anything in a bit, but there is a possibility that something healthy, something you are familiar with, might be available in a bit. 

What do you do? Do you just indulge? Or do you hold on and perhaps starve for a little longer? I was on a crazy diet, so I could not indulge often, but now, I want to indulge on something special once in a while. Am I being a glutton for punishment perhaps because it is not good for me? Or Am I being true to myself and eating something rather than keep wanting something I am punishing myself by not having? I dont know. 

Sunday, I had a really awesome bar of icecream in Ibaco. It was everything I ever wanted. I now am craving for it again, but I know that it is not going to magically turn up whenever I seek it. Perhaps, that was my last bar of icecream. Perhaps, it was not. But the thought of it makes me happy right now. Because, I indulged. Not because I watched from a distance. How can I get diet gurus to include this as part of a diet plan? 

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

:D You certainly have a tough life - faced with these difficult choices. I don't know whether to consider myself lucky that I do not have such cravings for these tantalizing temptations, or think that I am unfortunate that my taste buds find the rasam saadham as the epitome of pleasure.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Funnily, I was banned from eating Curd Rice which was once my comfort food and I no longer miss it as much as i thought i would :)