Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Like vs. Love

I often wondered, what is more important? Is it important to like someone or to love someone despite them not being necessarily likeable?

One thing I have come to accept over the years is that if you dont like someone you love, you are going down a crazy path you should not have been on in the first place. It is not always something you can help. There are a couple of people I really love, but who I cannot like. I dont want to be with them, but I also want to. It is such a painful process when I consciously think about it. 

How do you correct someone you love, but who has become quite unlikeable over a period of time? If you had given importance to actually watching for the flaws as they take root, then it would have been easier. You are not in a position to correct all the time too. That is the unfortunate tragedy. 

I run into quite a few cases of there not being a correction because you are supposed to love someone unconditionally and accept them. Acceptance is necessary, but without correction and an attempt to make someone likeable, it does not serve the purpose any more.

No comments: