Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Wisdom in unlikely corners

So my obsession with finishing Cipriano's series has been documented. Sometimes I wonder why I like it so much, especially given the gore. Still, lines like these, which come in The hatter is mad, make it worth the effort.

Everything has a cost. Yet no matter how much you pay, it still costs and costs. I want you to remember something, when it seems the costs are insurmountable, when it seems like something is impossible, the only way to press through it, the only way to become the victor when all seems lost is to change the rules. This is because if you want something bad enough, if you are willing to sacrifice it all, the universe will shift, if only for a moment, and truly spectacular things are possible. I'm going to force the universe to shift. It's about damn time the universe shifted.

5 comments:

The Visitor said...

The passage you quoted certainly sounds like the thoughts of a psychotic - unnerving!
*Running for cover*

Harini Padmanabhan said...

It is the thought of a psychotic trying to bring a dead person back to life. Spot on. But I loved the spirit more than anything else. :)

The Visitor said...

But I loved the spirit more than anything else.

That's even more scary!

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Most of the time, we don't even know what we want. Knowing it and being ready to do anything to actually go get it, is something that is admirable. I am not that scary usually. :P I wasnt thinking about him bringing the girl back to life. I was thinking about wanting something enough to fight for it.

The Visitor said...

:)