Monday, April 04, 2016

Kung Fu Panda 3

I love animated movies. Given a choice, I will just watch superhero ones or these all day ( I have been known to do that like a fiend in college)

When the release date for Kung Fu Panda 3 was pushed, I was so upset to say the least. Anyway, this one was definitely worth the wait. The movie had me in splits from the very first scene. The dialogues were amazing as usual. Be it Po's theory around dramatic entrances or Oogway and Kai's discussion in the middle of a battle, or our dear master Shifu's lessons - all the scenes were thoughtful and so well crafted. I have definitely fallen head over heels in love with this universe. 

A few beautiful lines - "If you only do what you can do, you can never be more than what you are now"
"When will you realize, the more you take, the less you will have"

The plot has a new villain - Kai. 

Kai, Oogway's brother in arms has defeated all the masters in the spirit realm and uses their combined energy to come to our world from the spirit realm hoping to conquer and destroy the Chi of all of Oogway's students. Chi, is the energy that flows through all living things. Only a Master of Chi can defeat him and hence Po heads to the secret Panda village in the mountains to get to know himself and master Chi. 

The Panda village scenes are hilarious, but I did miss the 5 warriors and their effortless banter. I am surprised to see how much this movie has evolved over the series, handling more difficult concepts with ease. 

I still love the second movie best. However, I will watch this one atleast a few more times. :)

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

I saw this link given by a blogger friend in a comment. The link is to the commencement speech given by Neil Gaiman. Something he said struck a chord that resonated with an idea in this post, "If you only do what you can do, you can never be more than what you are now".


Harini Padmanabhan said...

He usually hits the nail on the head. I am in love with him. :)