Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Why I love flying

I'm in the US for work and I flew over the weekend. While a lot of my friends complain about flying, I usually love the experience. 

1. I get so much free time. Usually there's always a to do list. This time there is nothing.I read a lot.
2. I get to watch things I normally wouldn't. Emirates has a very extensive collection of videos. I love watching random television series I've never heard of and even movies I normally wouldn't (it was puli this time, so you know my standards). Even within the country, I try to catch something on my phone
3.I like watching people in an airport. It's funny how everyone tries to run fast though they have a seat in the plane and them cutting the queue is not going to help them at all
4. I like the feeling of flying. I feel elated when I imagine myself coursing over the seas.
5. I'm happy for the opportunity to be able to do this. Every single time.

There are a lot more, but I think this is a good list to start with

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

My experience with flying is quite the opposite - I'm claustrophobic - if I consciously think about being in a plane, so high up in the sky, with no avenue for exit, I get terrified. So I try to switch off such thoughts.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Oh.. I feel that way if i try to sleep for long in any moving vehicle. :)