Sunday, June 26, 2016

Facing my fears

The year was 2007. I had just started earning my keep(I was an intern). Every month, I used to put aside a part of my income and after the six month period I went and I got myself a camera for 6.7k. It felt like a lot of money in those days. That camera was my most priced possession for quite sometime. I took pictures in my last semester, then joined the photography club at work etc. Until one day, my friend who has this really fancy camera and used to hang around with it at all times told me, I'm not a photographer as I don't have the patience for it. I believed him and I was busy with other things(including evaluating marriage) that I actually stopped taking too many pictures.

Recently, a good friend of mine sent me a few pictures he'd taken which inspired me to write a lot of poetry. Perhaps, I needed the muse.
I decided to actually try taking pictures in my awesome Nexus 6p(yeah, I'm showing off the new love of my life) and writing about the world through my eyes.

I've set up a private blog and posted quite a few pictures there with verse or just a few words. I'm still not ready to open it to the public eye, but I've asked a few people to just see it and tell me how to evolve. Perhaps some day, I'll get over my fear and show people a world through my eyes which might or might not be similar to theirs.

I hope this time my affair with photography and poetry is here to stay. I am really loving it and trying to do something just for myself without any audience in mind (yet). So I can truly embrace a different aspect of my creativity and vision.

No comments: