Thursday, October 20, 2016

These mountains

These mountains you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb ~Unknown

A friend of mine had this as her Whatsapp profile picture and she sent it to me, to make a point about something we were discussing. It got me thinking. I have been lost and I am not ashamed to admit it here. I would have been a few months ago, as I usually know where I am going. I am the one that always has a plan in mind and works hard to achieve it. I know what I want to do, where I want to go. A few months ago, a couple of things happened which have led me to question my definition of right and wrong, my world view and every damn thing. I am not ready to talk about in a public forum yet, but suffice to say, it has made me want to be a lot less judgmental about life in general.

The last month, I have not expressed myself. I have just been lost in thought and driving myself crazy. Staying with my friends has helped me a lot (Thank God for them and their belief in me even if i am insane) and I have put down a few mountains I have been carrying. I have not been carrying them for a long time, but it seems like forever. Maybe, that was an interim state in my life and this is a new stage that is very different and still very similar to the earlier one. 

I refuse to carry the mountain any more. I am going to climb it and get it over with. 

No comments: