Thursday, January 26, 2017

21 days of you

When you are down in the dumps, when you feel like the world is pulling you down, what do you do? How do you even dream? How do you remain positive? When you can't imagine getting to the next hour, how do you think of the next month or year? What use is a future when the present cannot seem to move or let you live in peace? 

When I am down, I talk to people who egg me on and if that fails, I find refuge in philosophy and music and I just keep telling myself, "This too shall pass." I finished the first draft of a book sometime ago (more about it later) and I have been wondering about my next topic. I chose depression. 

The book is called 21 days of you, and I am not even sure I can capture the details well, but I think this is a book that was meant to be written and that a few things have happened in my life, to lead me to this. 

Nobody talks about depression in the open. Like, you are somehow doing something wrong if you are feeling down. Hypocritical in a way, as I am sure that we've all felt that dark cloud around us - at some point time or the other. Perhaps for a few minutes, for a few days, for a few months. You can't have been untouched by the demon of the dark when you experience the joy of light. I firmly believe, one cannot exist without the other. If you believe in ecstasy, believe in torment. This is my attempt at throwing some more light on this topic, after seeing what it can do to a person and how the whole world might not even notice. 



No comments: