Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Audrey

I get a work phone when I travel. It is one of those flip phones and honestly, they're not that old when I get down to it. I was obsessing over one a few years ago and even still have it somewhere.
Anyway, this phone is funny. It makes random calls, it reads voice messages in the middle of the night and suddenly starts talking. I accidentally dialed five people today. Well, I can be a stalker. Perhaps a new job for me. I had to drop a ,I didn't intend to call you, I'm sorry message. Sigh. 

I got a call now from a random stranger. 

I said hello and he was like, 'I think I have the wrong number. ' 
I was already annoyed with the phone and then he said this, so the devil in me got up and was like, 'How can you be so sure?' I had half the mind to rant about how there is no right or wrong. 
He said, 'Are you Audrey?' 
I was like, 'Maybe' 
Then he just paused for a second, said, ' No' and dropped. 
I think I should just switch it off and keep it away. 

No comments: