Monday, February 13, 2017

Adrift

I have not a home
I've let myself free from the last one.
I float, watching the tiny dots below,
Longing for a place to belong..

I belong nowhere,
I belong to no one
I float, aimless,
What help were the directions anyway? 
They served but to distract.

I lounge, watching the lives unfold
Predicting, for after all, 
There are only hamster wheels
Of different sizes
We run, we chase, knowing not what.
The chase, a painful constant. 

I realize then, it could be about loss,
It could also be about spreading wings..
Losing self imposed chains,
To become one with the universe. 

I belong everywhere,
I belong to everyone
For you are as similar to me as you are different
You are mine in a way everyone is.
In the same way, I'm yours. 

2 comments:

Sun Ray said...

Nice. could relate to this.. Being part of everything, nothing, everywhere & nowhere.. at the same time.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Thank you.. I still am yet to find out how long one can last with that feeling