Saturday, February 25, 2017

Changes

There have been a lot of changes in my life in the past few months. Some i have wanted, some i didn't expect, but all i think I have made peace with. (Until the next nightmare that is). 

One major change, has been my relationship with alcohol. I think i have always had this snooty outlook about drinking. Probably driven by my childhood views on the subject. Only irresponsible men drink and misbehave. Others really have things to do. Social drinking was not really prevalent in the circles I moved in then. 

When I went to Pilani, i saw some of the brilliant minds I knew then go to ruin thanks to their love for the bottle. When I started working, drinking was still expensive and whatever I tried, never did hit me. So i stayed away from alcohol and I did not have any alcohol in the parties at home.

The long rant - to announce that i have actually started having wine! I am not consuming much. All the wine i have had would probably be half a bottle. But from zero, this is infinite. My next baby step is this wonder called Anthon Berg - Dark chocolate with liquid centers filled with alcohol. I have one in 4-5 days, but I savor the dark chocolate quite a bit.

Am i going down a path of no return? Or is this just a tiny new chapter in the scheme of things? I don't know. Perhaps, I am going to write poetry about a bottle of wine someday soon. Until then.. Let me remove the snooty look from my face. 

2 comments:

Sun Ray said...

Ha. That's cool. If you find the frequency of consumption increase, just watch a bit. (Not to sound preachy).

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Hehe. Funnily the first thing people say. I don't think it will because I really don't have a lot in one go. Given my obsession with being healthy for now, don't think it will either. But think about what all I might write i ever am truly inebriated. 😁😂