Sunday, February 19, 2017

Patterns

The lines are drawn
In stone and in water
The lines so beautifully interconnected
And so far apart in places..

Which one do I trace,I wonder
Where will it lead me?

I remember those lines I'd drawn
Clean, symmetrical ones
With well defined start and end points
Straight lines, without any diversion.

I knew not then, what I know now..
Even if I had, Maybe,
I'd have drawn them over and over again,
An optimist then, hoping that hoping was enough.

Am I a realist or a pessimist?
Is reality pessimistic?
Or, Am i just seeing curved lines,
For what they are, finally?

Perhaps a downward spiral,
Perhaps a stairway to heaven..
I knew not what it was
And I just decide to stand and watch,
Perhaps unknowingly inching down a path,
That's just slower..

No comments: