Thursday, March 30, 2017

Home

Despite the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am going to say this.. Home is not one place. It is a feeling. I am home now. A year ago, I would have never called this place so. But now, I can say that. I carry my home with me wherever I go, because after a long journey, I have made peace with who I am and who I want to be.

I have spent my whole life, not being at peace with some aspects of my personality which is an essential part of who I am. Some of it because of how the world perceives it, some because of how I think the world perceives it and a lot largely because I have not been able to accept everything is relative and there is no right answer.

The last couple of months have really made me re-look at my life and change it in ways I never thought possible. I am the same person, but not the same. Sometimes, I think, my life is like this ice cube.. 

You can protect it all you want by keeping it in an environment where it retains the shape you think it ought to have.. or you can keep it in room temperature and watch it change its shape and reach steady state. Is it destruction or is it just adaptation?

I would like to believe it to be the latter. I am placing the ice cube now and watching the fun that unfolds. I am more like the water I guess - can take the shape of any container and I want to be comfortable in any state of being. 

No comments: