Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Run Lola run

This is not about the movie.  As with everything in my blog, this is about me. I'm documenting a minor achievement of sorts. 

I ran/jogged for a mile today without walking. To say I'm so proud is probably an understatement. 

My stamina is not great. I never used to play as a kid, preferring my books to any physical activity. So I didn't really think I'll continue with my experiments with running. However, I did. I like the rush it gives me. 

After deciding to run towards something and not run away, (which has been my usual strategy), I'm making steady progress. Maybe, when I run away fear accompanies me and when I run towards an unknown, I look forward to, anticipation does. So perhaps, that's why I was able to run. 

I don't know what will happen tomorrow. The sun will probably rise, but beyond that, I can't really say anything with certainty. Only thing I can try is as long as I'm able to, put one step before another and walk. Then jog. 

4 comments:

Sun Ray said...

Glad to know Harini. I hope you are not jogging on asphalt or concrete roads.. it's not good for the joints..
I love jogging too.. for the early morning weather, city's slumber, fresh school kids, free wandering thoughts..

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I run around my complex like a duck wading out of water. But I love the night for running much better. Nobody around. I own the roads.

Sun Ray said...

You are good with words. duck & water, owning the roads :) I mean it.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I wish someday I'll make money off it. 😀