Sunday, August 06, 2017

Relationships

I'm waiting at the Changi airport after an unexpected weekend in Singapore. One more country out of my to do list. Given everything that's happening I just packed my bags and came here. I spent the last three days meeting a few friends. I have nothing more to say than that I'm very lucky and blessed to be able to count on such people to be my friends.

A friend once told me that the only friends you make are at school. But quite a few of my best friends were made at work. Probably cos I'm a late bloomer. 

When all goes to hell, it is a good thing, cos that's only when you know which relationships you've nurtured are even genuine. :) 

Thank you God. For everything. 

6 comments:

Sun Ray said...

Hope things are back to normal.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Normal is over rated.

Sun Ray said...

Hmm. Well, its relative. Is normal the same as being 'at peace'? The more you desire or want to do etc, it seems to bring in its own share of angst & ups & downs. It also sounds dull to lead a vegetative life without wishes & wants.

Huh. It seemed very easy once.. now it looks complicated. life seems happening at the border.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I think being who you are is the most important thing in the world. At least figuring that out. Everything else falls in place so easily after that.

Sun Ray said...

Hah.. there's this conversation between Marcus & maximus in gladiator movie.. they would compare Rome to a whisper & a fragile idea. They would say that, anything more than a whisper, it would vanish!

I tend to see this self study on "who am I?" as something akin to it. The question looks good from a distance. The closer I move, it vanishes!! Maybe the limits of my intellect? Lack of motivation? Too preoccupied with present?




Harini Padmanabhan said...

The reason it vanishes Is probably because you're evolving as it goes. You zero in on something and that's closer to who you are than your idea before but it changes again.. self discovery is interesting.